See also: Google Scholar
Conference and Workshop Publications
Demos and Reports
- Mining Temporal Statistics of Query Terms for Searching Social Media Posts
Jinfeng Rao, Ferhan Ture, Xing Niu, and Jimmy Lin
In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval (ICTIR 2017), to appear.
- A Study of Style in Machine Translation: Controlling the Formality of Machine Translation Output [bibtex] [slides]
Xing Niu, Marianna Martindale, and Marine Carpuat
In Proceedings of the 2017 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2017), short paper, September 11, 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark. Acceptance rate: 18%.
- Discovering Stylistic Variations in Distributional Vector Space Models via Lexical Paraphrases [bibtex] [slides]
Xing Niu and Marine Carpuat
In Proceedings of the Workshop on Stylistic Variation at EMNLP 2017, September 8, 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Detecting Cross-Lingual Semantic Divergence for Neural Machine Translation [bibtex]
Marine Carpuat, Yogarshi Vyas, and Xing Niu
In Proceedings of the First Workshop on Neural Machine Translation (and Generation) at ACL 2017, August 4, 2017, Vancouver, Canada. Acceptance rate: 62.5%
- Compressing and Decoding Term Statistics Time Series [bibtex]
Jinfeng Rao, Xing Niu, and Jimmy Lin
In Proceedings of the 38st European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2016), short paper, March 20, 2016, Padua, Italy. Acceptance rate: 30%.
- An Effective Rule Miner for Instance Matching in a Web of Data [bibtex] [slides]
Xing Niu, Shu Rong, Haofen Wang, and Yong Yu
In Proceedings of the 21st ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2012), October 29, 2012, Maui, USA. Acceptance rate: 13.4%.
- A Machine Learning Approach for Instance Matching Based on Similarity Metrics [bibtex]
Shu Rong, Xing Niu, Evan Wei Xiang, Haofen Wang, Qiang Yang, and Yong Yu
In Proceedings of the 11th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2012), November 11, 2012, Boston, USA. Acceptance rate: 22.4%.
- Zhishi.me - Weaving Chinese Linking Open Data [bibtex]
Xing Niu, Xinruo Sun, Haofen Wang, Shu Rong, Guilin Qi and, Yong Yu
In Proceedings of the 10th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2011), Semantic Web In-Use track, October 23, 2011, Bonn, Germany. Acceptance rate: 24%.
- Evaluating the Stability and Credibility of Ontology Matching Methods [bibtex]
Xing Niu, Haofen Wang, Gang Wu, Guilin Qi and, Yong Yu
In Proceedings of the 8th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2011), May 29, 2011, Heraklion, Greece. Acceptance rate: 23%.
- The UMD Machine Translation Systems at IWSLT 2016: English-to-French Translation of Speech Transcripts
Xing Niu and Marine Carpuat
In Proceedings of the 13th International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT 2016), December 8, 2016, Seattle, USA.
- The UMD Machine Translation Systems at IWSLT 2015
Amittai Axelrod, Ahmed Elgohary, Marianna Martindale, Khanh Nguyen, Xing Niu, Yogarshi Vyas, and Marine Carpuat
In Proceedings of the 12th International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT 2015), December 3, 2015, Da Nang, Vietnam.
- Zhishi.links results for OAEI 2011 [bibtex]
Xing Niu, Shu Rong, Yunlong Zhang, and Haofen Wang
In Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Ontology Matching (OM 2011) at ISWC 2011, October 23, 2011, Bonn, Germany.
- SocialWall: Make Your Semantic Government-related Poster on iPad
Haofen Wang, Xinruo Sun, Xing Niu, Lin Zhou, Zhongyang Fu, Shu Rong, and Yong Yu
Submission of Semantic Web Challenge 2010 (SWC 2010) at ISWC 2010, November 7, 2010, Shanghai, China.